The ph80 meter is:
– fast and accurate
– simple to use
– factory calibrated. The ph-80 meter is factory calibration to pH 7.0. The meter can easily and quickly be recalibrated with
digital calibration to pH 4.0, 7.0 or 10.0 using the meter’s simple one-touch process..
– water resistant
– equipped with a large lcd display. Simultaneous temperature display
– equipped with auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator
– includes a translucent cap, batteries, electrode storage solution and pH 7.0 buffer
Taking ph measurements
1) Remove the cap
2) Click the power botton. The screen will display “ph” for a moment. Once “ph” changes to a number, your meter is ready
3) dip the meter’s sensor into the water, liquid or solution to be tested
4) lightly swirl the meter to ensure the removal of air bubbles or electric charges
5) the meter will display a reading almost instantly. Keep the meter in the water until the reading stabilizes (up to 30 seconds,
depending on the situation)
6) to view the reading out of the liquid, click the hold button. This will freeze the reading on the screen. Click hold again will release it.
Cliccando su hold di nuovo, si sblocca.
7) click the power button to turn the meter off
8) shake any excess water off the meter and rinse with low tds water (such as distilled and RO) or use compressed air to clean
it. Put the cap back on.
Temperature and switching temperature modes
1) The temperature reading is always displayed on the lcd panel (except in calibration mode) and is shown simultaneously with
2) the default mode for temperature is Celsius. To change the temp mode, quickly click the temp/cal button to switch from
Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice-versa.
Changing the batteries
When the meter displays a flashing battery symbol, your batteries are getting weak and should be replaced soon. The meter
uses 357A batteries.
Error messages and troubleshooting
– pH Range: 0 – 14
– temperature Range: 1-80 °C; 33-176 °F
– resolution: 0.1 pH; Temperature resolution is 0.1 °C/F
– accuracy: +/- 0.2 pH; Temperature accuracy is +/-2%
– calibration: Digital automatic calibration (one point)
– electrode: Glass sensor and reference tube electrodes
– housing: Water resistant
– power source: 3 x 1.5V button cell batteries (model 357A; included)
– dimensions: 15.3 x 3.2 x 1.8 cm (6.0 x 1.3 x 0.7 inches)
Inside you can find the instructions for use that include how to make temperature and ph calibration.